How To Participate in Our KNOWvember Twitter Chat
You’re invited to join us on November 30 at 7 pm ET for our KNOWvember Twitter chat, #NeuroPainChat.
Our featured participants are NY Times bestselling author Karen Duffy, Dr. Peter Abaci, and For Grace, a non-profit that promotes better care and wellness for women in chronic pain. But the conversation is open to all!
To participate or follow along, just look for the hashtag, #NeuroPainChat, or visit our Twitter page, @US_Pain. We’ll be discussing many issues surrounding neuropathic pain, including facts on its prevalence, treatment options, and more.
How do I participate?
If you’ve never participated in a Twitter chat before, we’ve developed a step-by-step guide to help you out.
How to follow the chat and see the latest posts
- Log in to Twitter.com (you must have an account set up already—if you’d like to set up an account, click here to learn how)
- In the “Search Twitter” toolbar, type in #NeuroPainChat and hit enter
- This will show you “top” tweets that use #NeuroPainChat. But to join the chat, you want to see the latest ones, so click “Latest.”
- Now you will see all tweets with “#NeuroPainChat” in chronological order. Twitter will prompt you as new tweets come in, or you can refresh the page.
How to participate
- At the chat start time, U.S. Pain will welcome everyone and then begin asking a series of questions about the topic. Each question will be labeled “Q1”, “Q2,” etc., and have the hashtag #NeuroPainChat at the end.
- To reply directly to the question, use “A1,” “A2,” etc. so everyone knows which question you’re answering, and don’t forget to use #NeuroPainChat at the end. You can also retweet or reply to someone else’s #NeuroPainChat tweet.
- Make sure to be respectful of other opinions, but most importantly, have fun! Thanks for creating dialogue around pain management.